Welcome to one of the leading accounting bodies in the world. With over 200,000 members and 500,000 students worldwide, many businesses large and small trust the ACCA standard. It is a global badge of quality and professionalism that ensures your knowledge and skills are of the highest standard, recognised in all countries in the world. As a qualified ACCA graduate your door will be open to a multitude of different opportunities in all sectors as you will be heavily sought after in all kinds of organisations.
The ACCA drives change in the accountancy sector – advising governments, organisations and regulators and working with members around the world to push an agenda of fairness and transparency. When you’re an ACCA member, you help ACCA to shape the future of accountancy and business.
At Paul Wan & Co., we offer the ACCA route for our graduate entries. Complete your examinations alongside your work engagements and become qualified as an ACCA accountant.
How it works
An overview of all the information you will need to successfully complete the ACCA:
The firm will sponsor the full cost* of your study course, as well as examination fees, or fees for credit for prior learning (CPL).
*Terms and conditions subject to the student’s ability to pass the examination. Please enquire for more.
There are 9 foundation papers that make up the structure of the ACCA. In short they are also known as F1-F9.
The Applied Knowledge exams provides students with a broad introduction to the world of finance and develop your essential understanding and techniques in accounting. These exams are:
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
The Applied Skills exams build on existing knowledge and understanding and develop strong, broad and practical finance skills required of future strategic professional accountant in any sector or industry. These exams are:
- Corporate and Business Law (LW)
- Performance Management (PM)
- Taxation (TX)
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Audit and Assurance (AA)
- Financial Management (FM)
At the professional stage, there are 5 papers, two of which are compulsory, while the remaining three you have an option.
The Strategic Professional exams prepare students for future leadership positions. They develop the strategic vision using your unique blend of technical, ethical and professional skills. And you can specialise in areas that best suit your career ambitions. Students must complete both Essentials exams and choose two of the Options. These exams are:
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
- Advanced Performance Management (APM)
- Advanced Taxation (ATX)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
Practical work experience is one of the four key elements of the ACCA qualification, which you must complete to qualify as an ACCA Certified Accountant. Working with an employer enables ACCA students to put what you are learning into practice. Here you will develop vital skills for your future career and earn a highly competitive salary at the same time.
- 36 months of continuous work experience which can take between three and five years.
- You must complete this work experience with any employer, so long as the job scope is relevant to the qualification, such as Paul Wan & Co.
- Working in one or more of the relevant disciplines: Accounting, Audit and Assurance, Tax, Financial Management, Insolvency or Information Technology. At Paul Wan & Co., we will allocate your work discipline to reflect your learning progression.
Always refer to the ACCA website for more details.