Who we are looking for
We are currently looking to recruit experienced managers to complement our existing team as we enter a growth period.
The job will entail monitoring audit assignments and performing all aspects of planning and executing risk based financial and operational audits. The successful candidate can also look forward to other challenges including initial public offerings (IPO) related work, due diligence and special investigation work. Good understanding of compliance and risk management. Carrying out of audit documentations. Organising audit results and highlight points for attention. Analyse internal control system of companies. Coaching and developing team members to achieve technical competence.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base of businesses that include large multinational listed and internationally headquartered; entrepreneurial and family owned; early stage and fast growth across technology, life sciences and cleantech; and world leading public, educational and not for profit organisations. With a varied portfolio, you’ll be able to gain experience and insight across these, as well as attend our local client events ranging from formal and technical seminars and dinners through to more relaxed, social networking.
About the role
The role would incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner, Managing Partner and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- Opportunity for a fast advancement as a partner within the firm if they can meet the firm’s expectations of a partner.
Working as an assistant manager in PWCO you will be required to:
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of relevant working experience in this related field.
- Be ACA, ACCA, Singapore CA or similarly qualified
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102), US GAAP, Singapore company law and international standards on auditing would be required.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our leadership framework, ‘The PWCO values’ and are made up of four core attributes; excellence, communication, involvement and being rooted.
*Important! Please Read before Applying:
- Omission of any important information may affect your application Please take the time to fill it up properly.
- By submitting, I hereby declare that the information given by me in this application form is correct and true to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that I have not willfully suppressed any facts.
- I also fully understand and accept that if any time after engagement, it is found that a false declaration has been made in this form; the Company has the absolute right to terminate my employment forthwith without assigning any reasons.
- I also fully understand and accept that after engagement, personal particulars provided in this form will be used for the purpose of performance appraisal and contact details will be available to staff and management in the Company for work purposes.